Sunday, October 9, 2011

Leaving Henry for the First Time

What a crazy end to the week!  We have had so much going on the past few days.  Michael and I decided to have our first date night on Thursday. Grammy Matthews came over to watch Henry for us.  They had a great time despite Henry's fuzziness. Michael and I went to the Zoo Brew at the Detroit Zoo. We drank great brew, talked, followed the Tiger's game on our phones, and listened to the Howling Diablos.  Mike ventured out to visit the new Lion's den, while I stayed behind.  That day, I had hurt my back taking Henry out of the car in his car seat so I could barely walk.  Just my luck after I was all healed from Henry's birth, but I was determined to have a great night with my hubby and a great weekend with my brother celebrating his marriage to Makala.  So I iced it a lot and took Ibuprofen and made it through the long weekend.  On Friday, I went and got a mani/pedi with my mom.  My cousin Jessica came over to babysit Henry while we were gone. They had a great time playing.  Henry even tried to christen her while she changed his diaper! LOL:)  Later on that day, we went to Ronnie and Makala's rehearsal and dinner.  Henry was great all throughout the rehearsal and dinner.  Saturday ended up being a gorgeous day for my brother's wedding!  We had a fabulous day! In the morning my mother did my hair, then we left to go to the hotel to meet everyone and go to metro for pictures, next we had the wedding, and then it was off to the reception after more pictures.  Michael had Henry for most of the day, then his mother came over to watch Henry for the rest of the night.  All in all, Henry did great for all of his babysitters.  I hated leaving him, but I knew he was in great hands each time and that it is important for mommy and daddy to have some alone time once in awhile:)
Currently, Henry is starting to smile more, hold his head up for longer periods, and coo more. He also knows the difference between night and day.  Lately, he is not a great sleeper during the day, but he is awesome at night. Last night he slept from 9pm until 4am, which was great after the long day I had.  Wonder if this will be the new norm? We shall wait and see.  Michael and I can't wait to see what our little monkey will do next! Stay tune for future happenings...










No comments:

Post a Comment