Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's A Boy!

We found out we were pregnant on Christmas Eve 2010.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the pregnancy test, so I decided to wait and take another one before I told my husband.  After taking the second one, I decided to share the news with my husband.  When I told my husband, he was like "Are you sure?" I said, "Of course I am sure!" And I showed him the test.  We had been trying to conceive since June.  So we were elated to find out we were pregnant the day before Christmas! It was the best Christmas present I had ever received! We decided to keep it a secret for a while, even from my mom, which killed me.

We found out we were having a boy in April.  Michael was truly relieved! He somehow thought we were having a girl.  I knew better though...considering I have three brothers and he has three brothers.  Do I hope one day I will have a little girl...of course! Every mommy wants a little princess, but I am equally as happy having a little boy:)

My pregnancy has been fairly easy.  In my first trimester, I didn't have bad morning sickness, but I was tired.  I was only nauseous when I was hungry, as long as I ate regularly I was golden. At the end of my first trimester and the beginning of the second, I developed these crazy loud hiccups that must have annoyed my students because they annoyed me.  Instead of hiccuping once or twice a day, I started hiccuping 20 times a day and even in my sleep.  Now that I am nearing the end of my third trimester,  I still get hiccups often, have heartburn from time to time, my joints are achy, and my tailbone hurts. But it will be all worth it the day I get to hold my little guy in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment