
Our first two weeks have been a roller coaster, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. We brought Henry home on August 30th, 2011. Mike decided to go back to work on Thursday and Friday, so that he could be off again most of the next week. Thankfully, Michael's mother was able to stay with me the days Michael was working. She was a great help and nice company! Henry had been a great breast feeder from the start, but quickly got lazy when I was told I needed to supplement every feeding because he had lost 8% of his birth weight in the hospital due to Jaundice (our Jaundice scare was over once we left the hospital). Not wanting to use a bottle right away or formula, I started pumping and using a feeding tube near my nipple where he could suck the supplemental breast milk out while he was breast feeding. Henry quickly got smart and decided if I can get this the easy way, why latch on. We also tired cup feeding, but had the same result. So I decided to ditch supplementing and my mother-in-law and I worked hard to get him to latch again. That Saturday I had to go back in for a weight check for Henry. Since he didn't gain weight or lose weight since his last check, my pediatrician wanted us to supplement feedings a few times a day. Like a stupid person, I wanted to do what the pediatrician wanted and decided to supplement with a syringe. Of course, I had the same result again a lazy eater. So I ditched supplementing yet again. Henry once again learned to latch on and is eating well now. We were suppose to go in for a weight check on Wednesday, but couldn't because we still did not have power.

Which leads me to the crazy storm that blew through our neighborhood Saturday night (Sept. 3). I was not home at the time. I was out with my mother for a couple of hours to run a few errands and pick up some dinner for us. While I was gone, we had crazy rain, wind, and hail. Which didn't happen in Royal Oak where I was with my mom. Thankfully, Mike and Henry were okay. Parts of trees were don't every where on my street and the surrounding neighborhood. No ones homes on my street where damaged though. We didn't lose power until the next day. The power had to be turned off due to some of my neighbors having down power lines in their backyards. Our power wasn't restore until Wednesday night. Our nights were spent by candle light and using flashlights. One day, we went to Grandma Wilusz's house for the day to hang out. Henry wasn't phased by the power loss though since he is breast fed and we didn't start his cloth diapering until Monday (Sept. 5).

Henry also had his second photo shoot with his Aunt Abby before we lost our power on Sunday (Sept. 4). He was a trooper and Aunt Abby did an awesome job!
Now we are setting into our new life, with many adventures to come. We love our little monkey so much! He is a great eater, pooper, and sleeper:)
No comments:
Post a Comment