Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Introducing Our Newest Bundle of Joy...Ethan Jack Paul


Ethan Jack Paul was born on April 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm at Beaumont Hospital in RO. He weighed 8lb. 14 oz. and was 21 inches long. Ethan was a scheduled c-section, since I ended up having a c-section with my first born son Henry. Originally, I was scheduled to have my c-section on the 16th of April  because they couldn't get me in on the 12th. Low and behold, they ended up calling me the Wednesday before the 12th to let me know I had been moved up. I was so excited because I did not want to go into labor before my c-section, since the original section date was closer to my real due date of April 19th.



My c-section went great. Michael and I decided on Ethan because we liked the name, Jack after Mike's grandfather and Paul after Mike's father, my grandfather, and my brother. While in the hospital, Ethan had many visitors: all of his grandparents, my brothers, many of the Matthews, and some of our friends. The hospital was more relaxing this time and we could enjoy having Ethan. Ethan lost weight, but not as much as Henry did so the stay was less stressful on us until we went home. We had to go back to the pediatrician
every 4 days until Ethan gained his birth weight back. It took Ethan three weeks to gain it all back.



Ethan has been a dream since we brought him home. He is very laid back, which makes it easy to deal with him and a 20 month old toddler:) Henry has been very good with his little brother. He always wants to talk and play with him. He gives him lots of kisses and wants to hold him. Henry also is always pointing out Ethan's body parts (and sometime wants to poke them to hard:). Additionally, Henry is very helpful with Ethan. He will help me feed him bottles of breast milk, put the bottles in the sink, bring me cloth diapers, etc. He is the best big brother ever!  I can't wait for the day they will have fun playing together:)















I am so glad that being a mother of two has been so easy (so far...) after such a trying pregnancy. I own that in part to my wonderful husband who is so helpful to me:) I can always count on him to give the boys a bath at the end of each day and to wash the dirty diapers, among other things.  I plan to enjoy the next 4 months with my boys and beyond:)




No comments:

Post a Comment