Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ethan is 6 months!


Our little man is 6 months old and the joy of our lives! He turned 6 months on the 12th and went for his well visit on the 18th. He weighed in at 19 pounds and 7 ounces and he was 27 and 1/4 inches. He got five shots during his visit and was a trooper for sure! Currently, Ethan has started solids. At first he despised food, but now he loves it. He has tried oatmeal, yogurt, apples, bananas, avocado, carrots and broccoli.  He is not really into carrots, broccoli, or oatmeal, but he loves his yogurt, apples, bananas and avocado! Soon he will be trying green beans, squash, and sweet potatoes. All of E's food is freshly made by me:)  I just got a new baby food maker and I love it. It helps make my life easier;) I am also still breast feeding E. I feel very fortunate to do so and am trying to do it as long as I possibly can. We shall see if I can hang on....

 Ethan is sitting up on his own now. He is still unsteady at times so I put the Boppy behind him to catch him if he falls. He is also showing sighs of wanting to crawl, so we shall see if he becomes a crawler before he walks unlike his big brother Henry. E loves to babble away. He no longer likes his swing, but enjoys his bouncer.  E has no teeth and hasn't been the best sleeper lately. I am thinking that maybe he is going through a growth spurt or teeth are coming....we shall see.

Ethan got his first cold this month:( He had a slight temp and now has a cough. Hoping the cough goes away soon. E is really enjoying daycare these days. He gets to paint, sing, and practice large and fine motor skills:) Can't wait to see what the coming months will bring:)





No comments:

Post a Comment